Saturday, 2 July 2011

Trip Home to Cornwall June 2011!

NOTE: V Picture Heavy Post! :)

On Monday, Mr Pinklittlebean and I packed our bags and flew down to Cornwall for a few days...
We could only take hand luggage, but for once I actually managed to pack light! (and under 10kg!)
On the Tuesday morning we headed over to St Michaels Mount. The tide was out when we arrived so we walked over. When I was at school we swam over to it when the tide was in - I don't think I could manage that now!
After a pasty (standard!) for lunch, we headed over to St Ives on the train for the afternoon. We had a wander and then a sit on the beach in the sunshine. It is very pretty over there!
Later on we went down to Lands End (just to say we've been really!) - it was quite windy!!
We went down to Blue Bar at Porthtowan for dinner. I had a halloumi wrap (with pesto in - yummy!), as you can see they do nice big portions! I also got a bottle of Thatchers which is one of my favourite ciders. My belly was very happy! :) Mum had chilli nachos and Mr Pinklittlebean had bean fajitas - they all looked very tasty!
We were there just the right time to see the gorgeous sunset on Porthtowan Beach - Blue Bar overlooks the beach so it's a lovely setting in the evening!
On the Wednesday we went to Falmouth for the day. The only pictures I took were at lunchtime (story of my life, ahem!). We went to Rick Stein's Fish & Chips, which is down near the Maritime Museum. I had the kids cod chunks (yep, that's a child's portion - it was pretty massive!) and they were delish!
In the evening, we went down to Gwithian on the Sand Dunes and took the dog for a walk. There is lots of pretty wildlife.
I tried to take some pictures of Alfie but he was running round like a mentalist - here's an action shot!
Another gorgeous sunset!
Down by the waters edge.
Kite surfer on the beach!
I couldn't resist adding this picture - my camera started using its flash automatically once the light had gone and Alfie was fascinated by it, so kept pinging up in the air!
On Thursday, we headed over to the Eden Project in St Austell to have a look around and we'd also got tickets for the Eden Sessions.
Giant bee!
Mr Pinklittlebean and I learnt something new... We both thought pineapples grew on trees... Well, they don't! ;)
Cool sugar van!
Giant water lily pads.
Sculptures in the biomes.
Wayne Coyne from the Flaming Lips!
The Eden Session we went to was headlined by the Flaming Lips.
 
 
If you haven't had the chance to see them, I strongly recommend that you do! I have seen them before and they were just as fabulous as the last time! They definitely know how to put on a show!  
 
 
I'm going to do a separate post about it later as I took so many pictures! :)

11 comments:

  1. Oh these pictures are gorgeous!! I love that suitcase, it's so cute! And Alfie is adorable. It looks like you guys had a great time! I only recently learned about the Eden project. I'd love to check it out someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just being an absolute idiot for about 5 minutes then when I read that you went to St Michaels Mount. I was going to say that I'd been there too but from the France side in Normandy because I've been to the Mont Saint Michel and the names are similar and the places look the same but then I thought, is Cornwall that close to France?!
    ANYWAY, sounds like such a nice trip; I've always wanted to do something like this! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! I am terribly jealous. Great photographs. Take me next time, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  4. that suitcase is wonderful, mine is boring and red. Love the pictures of the sunset, so beautiful. looks like you had a lovely time =)


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a great trip you've had! Alfie looks like he had a whale of a time haha x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cornwall so much, your foody photos have made me crave some chips! We usually stay in Porthcurno but like you always have a visit into St Ives - love that place! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't expect to see pineapples growing like that either! I've never given it any thought until now! Love your photos, I want to go to cornwall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great trip. I've always wanted to go to Cornwall. It seems like such a beautiful place.
    My dad's been meaning to tak us to the Eden Project for years as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous photos! I love the food snaps (: I always have to go to Cornwall at least once a year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pictures are so lovely. I'm looking at some places at the moment to stay in St Ives in September xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving comments & I will always try and return them! If you like my blog, why not follow me? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...